Fast and efficient retention of polluting liquids
Among the various industrial watertightness solutions offered by LCF TECHNOLOGIES, mobile spill barriers known as Double Containment Pipes play an extremely important role. These products have a triple mission: containing liquid pollutants, preventing possible floods, and containing water from fire extinguishing.
WHAT ARE DOUBLE CONTAINMENT PIPES?
A double containment pipe is a multi-use piece made from polyethylene material that is placed on the surface of the spill or flood area. Its two pipes are then filled with water at one end from an FHC, fire hydrant or tank. With this simple operation we get a completely watertight system for retaining or preventing large volumes of liquids.
WHAT TYPES OF ACTIVATION ARE AVAILABLE?
LCF TECHNOLOGIES sells two types of Double Containment Pipe systems:
Double Containment Pipe. DCP
This system consists of a multi-use piece of variable height and length with two pipes that are filled with water independently through the connections supplied for that purpose. It creates a watertight perimeter around an area to retain liquid or prevent flooding.
Widely used in factories, ports, warehouses and by firefighting and civil protection personnel, it is compliant with the Storage of Chemical Products (APQ) regulation (APQ Regulation (RD 656/2017): ITC MIE APQ–10 “Store in mobile recipients ”) andEnvironmental Responsibility Law(Law 26/2007, of 23 October, on Environmental Responsibility).
Double Containment Pipe. DCP-Door
This system consists of a multi-use piece of variable height and up to 30 meters in length with two pipes that are filled with water simultaneously through its connection. It creates a watertight perimeter around a doorway or similar area to retain liquid or prevent flooding.
Like the model described above, it is widely used in factories, ports, warehouses and by firefighting and civil protection personnel, and it is compliant with the Storage of Chemical Products (APQ) regulation (APQ Regulation (RD 656/2017): ITC MIE APQ–10 “ Storage in mobile recipients ”) and Environmental Responsibility Law (Law 26/2007, of 23 October, on Environmental Responsibility).
WHAT ARE ITS BENEFITS?
- The system is fast and easy to install. It only takes between 5 and 20 minutes and a maximum of two workers to install and activate.
- It is a versatile and simple system. It can be installed in water or on land by following simple recommendations. It is easy to install and use.
- It is a reusable system. It can be reused as many times as needed and is suitable for most products.
- It is a modular system. It adapts to irregular terrain and can be run over by any type of vehicle without causing any damage to the system.
- It is a compact system. Both models come fully packed and optimized, making them easy to transport and occupying little storage space.